Greaser Guy is a cute piece in my new line of mini clay mache Jack O' Lantern Halloween decorations. He's got a cute swirl of pumpkin leaf hair like any real greaser should.
I love making these little guys. Each one has their own unique characteristics that bring them to life. Here is a high-level overview of my process for creating a Greaser Guy Handcrafted Jack O' Lantern.
- Create a papier-mâché armature to provide a perfect starting shape for the pumpkin. I put it on my drying rack for a day or two until it dries all the way through.
- Sketch the face and craft a stem onto the papier-mâché armature to prepare it for use as a sculpting base.
- Make up a batch of homemade papier-mâché clay. By making my own clay, I have absolute control over the quality and consistency so that it is perfect for my sculpting style.
- Carefully apply the papier-mâché clay to the papier-mâché amature building it up as I go and sculpting in the details. Once I'm satisfied, I place it on my drying rack for another 48 hours to dry until it's rock solid.
- Carve out the eyes and mouth at which time, it's ready to paint. I apply 5 layers of varying colors using different brushstroke techniques to get just the right look and feel. Once I'm satisfied with the paint job and it's had suffiecient time to dry, I seal it with a high-quality sealer for a perfect finish that will last for years to come.
This Greaser Guy Jack O' Lantern is truly one of a kind. He is 100% handcrafted from start to finish. I hope you appreciate the time and attention to detail that goes into this piece as much as I enjoy sharing it with you.
5.5" Tall x 4.5" Wide x 4.5" Deep
If this item it out of stock, and you would like to place an order for one, please contact me to create a custom piece just for you.