The Evil Jester is one of the first pieces in my new line of mini clay mache Jack O' Lantern Halloween decorations. He's quite special since I love creepy jesters and clowns and tend to gravitate towards them with my custom props and costumes.
Taking these handcrafted pieces from start to finish is a detailed and interesting process:
- Build up a paper mache armature to provide a perfect starting shape.
- Sketch the face and craft the stem and prepare for sculpting. At this point, I'm ready to make a batch of handmade paper mache clay. By making my own paper mache clay, I have full control over the quality and consistency so that it works best for my style of sculpting.
- Once the clay is ready, I carefully apply it to the paper mache armature building it up and sculpting in the detail. Once I'm satisfied, I place it on my drying rack with fans blowing to dry for the next 48 hours.
- Once the clay dries into a beautiful hard shell over the paper mache, I carve out the eyes and mouth.
- Now It's paint time! I apply 5 layers of varying colors and using different brushing techniques in order to get just the right depth and dimension. Once satisfied with the paint job, I seal it with a high-quality clear coat for a perfect finish and protection.
This Evil Jester Mini Jack O' Lantern is truly one of a kind. He is 100% handcrafted from start to finish. I hope you appreciate the time and attention to detail that goes into this piece as much as I enjoy creating him.
5.5" Tall x 4.5" Wide x 4.5" Deep
If this item it out of stock, and you would like to place an order for one, please contact me to create a custom piece just for you.